February 09, 2013

Liebster :)

 My friend over at White Coat Wife was nice enough to give me the Liebster Award. :) She's my favorite person I've (n)ever met though we lived on the same tiny island for a little while. I'm not sure how that happened. Us never meeting that is. I'm pretty sure she would not wish to be stranded on that island with me since I can neither fix leaky roofs nor kill invading insects. I am, however, pretty decent at getting a sun tan and singing along to Jimmy Buffet while serving ribs at Ocean Club and forgetting to bring people napkins. So, there's that.

The official handbook states that I must thank her, so Kel,

I thank you.

I didn't even have a speech planned, but the other Rules are thus:

A.  Thank the person who nominated you!
B.  The Nominee must list 11 statements about her/himself.
C.  The Nominee must answer the 11 questions the Nominator asked.
D.  The Nominee must nominate 11 others (and you have to TELL them they've been nominated).

11 Things about Myself {That You Probably Already Know Since I Incessantly Talk about Myself on This Blog}
  1. I have had the following done to my mouth in the name of straight teeth: braces, headgear, dental implants, gum grafts, herptz, wisdom teeth removal and palette expander.
  2. I just found out that what I have been calling a "herptz" is actually called a Herbst and is described on 1-800-DENTIST as: "When you took your teen to the orthodontist you may have expected that you would be told they needed dental braces. What you were not prepared for was their being fitted with a hydraulic-like metal attachment known as a Herbst appliance. The device is attached to the back molars on both sides of the upper and lower jaws and looks like a shock absorber." With my braces and this lovely appliance, I was basically the Terminator  from the ages of 14-16. 
  3. I sincerely dislike doing my hair. The popularity of the top knot has greatly increased my happiness index.
  4. I'm an INFJ on the Meyers-Briggs test. {I love this test so much.} Meyers-Briggs described the INFJ personality type as: "sensitive, quiet leaders with a great depth of personality. They are intricately, deeply woven, mysterious, highly complex, and often puzzling, even to themselves. They have an orderly view toward the world, but are internally arranged in a complex way that only they can understand. Abstract in communicating, they live in a world of hidden meanings and possibilities. With a natural affinity for art, INFJs tend to be creative and easily inspired, yet they may also do well in the sciences, aided by their intuition." Others have described me as uptight. And I say to them, whatever. I'm PUZZLING and HIGHLY COMPLEX. 
  5. The fact that I work from home and don't interact with humanity makes me very happy. Or very weird. Probably both.
  6. I think I'm taking this 11 things way too seriously. 
  7. Potatoes, pasta, burritos and chocolate are my favorite food groups. 
  8. I really like to cook and I'm working on learning to bake. 
  9. I hate math so much. Which is probably why I don't like baking. Measuring things....pssshhhht. 
  10. I hate messy bathrooms and messy kitchens. Which is laughable because our kitchen is a huge mess. I will clean it today.
  11. I love NPR. When I worked amongst humanity my coworkers {who were all staunch Republicans} asked me what I was listening to every day. I said, "liberal propaganda" and they did not laugh. Jokes. Not my strong suite.
Phew.

Questions from Kel

1.  What color is your toothbrush?
Green. It used to be leopard print {fierce!}, but then my dentist gave me a new one.
2.  Kindle or Paperback?
I love K2 {my Kindle}, but there's just something about a paperback.
3.  List 5 cities in South America without looking online or in an Atlas.
Buenos Aires, Lima, Rio de Janeiro, San Salvador and....Santiago.
4.  Did you watch 'Sesame Street' as a child?
Yes.
5.  Do you recycle?
Yes.
6.  If you had to pick between yard work and cleaning house, which would you pick?
House cleaning.
7.  Do you know who won any of the Nobel Prizes awarded in 2012 without looking? If so, list at least one.
Girl, what is this, Jeopardy? Gah. Not his name. The guy who was involved with creation of the algorithm for the Medical Match. 
8.  CNN or Fox News?
NPR.
9.  Cat person or a dog person?
Oh, gosh. I think we alllll know it's dog.
10.  Name one person who has influenced your food choices in the past month.
Ina Garten, Paula Deen, Ree Drummond, that cute girl from Smitten Kitchen and Alton Brown.
11.  Filet mignon, seared mahi mahi or chicken breast?
Filet Mignon.

Questions for My Nominees

1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?
2. Last meal on earth...what would it be?
3. Favorite website that's not Pinterest, Facebook, Google, Blogger or....Perez Hilton(??).
4. Favorite book of all time.
5. Too hot or too cold?
6. What is your most annoying habit?
7. What is one thing you've accomplished that you're most proud of?
8. Flats or heels?
9. What's worse, spelling mistakes or math mistakes?
10. What was your favorite thing to do when you were little?
11. PC or Mac?

Liebster You All
http://www.discoveringmykismet.com/
http://shehanandjamie.blogspot.com/
http://thescurlockscene.blogspot.com/
http://docksidelove.blogspot.com/
http://tamarasweetin.blogspot.com/
http://ryanandjessicakeen.blogspot.com




If you haven't yet, we'd love to have you follow! Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations seems to be in order! :)

    Since you're the lover of burritos- do you get fancy with them? I mean, do you do things like.. Make breakfast burritos? Or.. Other kinds of burritos? There's a restaurant back home that has the most amazing breakfast burritos- it's kind of like a southwest omelet wrapped in a tortilla shell. It's pretty amazing. But, usually I think burritos should just have Mexican themed flavors inside. I dig it.

    Pasta is one of my favorite food groups too! :)

    Baking is surprisingly not as bad as I had made it out to be in my head. :) haha. Maybe you'll find this to be true for yourself, too.

    Do you want me to answer those questions on a comment? I'm sorry, a little confused?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the questions, maybe I will answer them? :) haha.. I Say with baking a really great place to start is: PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES, they're so good, and it counts, right? I mean you do bake them inside of the oven. Those cookies are the best. Next, the pita bread- that stuff is easy, seriously. WHO KNEW?! Sometimes mine don't puff, but, I'm OK with being unimpressive. I just get really excited if and when they do puff. :)

    Okay, so I have a real talk question. B wants to go back to CA for residency, as do you, I presume. :) Missing boot weather without snow. It sounds so magical. I just miss not feeling hot when I am dressed. sigh.

    Do you know of any blogs who has a spouse in residency that went to the Caribbean? It seems so far out for us, but, I am a planner, and a little nervous. I mean.. Does it work the same with every US medical school, do you know? I mean during year four B will go to CA and audition at the hospitals that he is interested in doing his residency at, right? And, he'll wow them with his charm, and show them what an amazing fit he'll be for their staff- and presto bamo he will be matched, right? On the match day..

    I mean this is how it works for US medical students, but is this also how it works for the Caribbean students? I KNOW, this is really early to be concerned about.. But, I just want to be prepared. I don't want to be blind sided by anything! :)

    ReplyDelete

The Bean is chasing her tail...waiting for you to comment {and we read every one!}:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...